I-I hate when grown ups say that. I’m already old, I’m thirteen.
Hahahaha! You! Old! Bwahahah!
"GET BACK HERE YOU BUTT!"
"You’re going to hit me!" he gives her the saddest of sad faces.
This all sounds really complicated…
Like I said, you’ll understand when you’re older.
A mental sigh of relief at the story being believed.
”Uh, my name’s actually Jaime. Jaime Reyes. Nice reference, though!”
Kaji Dha beeps and clicks, the pincers lighting up at the physical contact.
”Armor, chill out. Oh, by the way, the Scarab talks to me. Doesn’t exactly speak in English, but I can still understand it… somehow.”
Ted leans back when the alien language emits from the scarab. While he is slightly intimidated by it, he is more curious. He never got the damned thing to work for him, thus he never examined it to its full potential. Ted is already reeling to study it now.
"It hasn’t phoned home yet, huh?" he smirks and moves around to the front. He peels off his cowl without hesitancy. "Take it you already know my identity if you’re my apprentice."
"YOU GET BACK HERE!" [I missed them]
"I have every right to run away from a powerful demi-god!"
Oh… so..you wanna hang out when we get our costumes together?
I might be spending Halloween with Booster this year, again. We’re thinking about playing pranks
”Impersona- oh. You think I’m a cosplayer. That’s, uh, heh, not entirely the case, y’see, this isn’t just a costume, it’s superpowered armor.”
Quick, time to make up something because telling a person they died isn’t the best introduction.
”I’m the third Blue Beetle, from the future. You, uh, decided to retire and then things happened and the mantle got passed down to me.”
That’s a solid story, right?
"Well, what do you know, Blue Beetle lives on after me. That’s great to hear, Marty McFly!"
Ted starts to circle the third Blue Beetle, examining his armor up and down. He reaches behind him and his eyes fall upon the scarab. He almost feels jealous that the scarab didn’t connect with him, give him powers like they did with Dan and now this kid.
"Technology I never even seen before. Probably the works of this heap," he knocks his knuckles against the scarab. "Never saw myself much as a mentor, but hey, first time for everything!"
But there’s only three…other people have, like, fifteen friends.
You’re not other people. Other people are not you. You may not understand it now, but one day you’ll realize that you gotta take what you can get and be happy with it, otherwise you’ll never be happy at all.
- "Why haven’t you proposed to me yet?"
- "I want to have a baby."
- "I think we should take a break."
- "You’re too good for me."
- "Why don’t you love me anymore?"
- "I’ve been in love with you since the first time I saw you."
- "We can’t do this anymore."
- "We can make this work."
- "You belong with me. Not him/her."
- "I will never forgive you for this."
- "You’re the best thing that ever happened to me."
- "Are you cheating on me?"
- "I think we should take our relationship to the next level."
- "Do you love me?"
- "I never meant to hurt you.."
- ”.. Are you proposing to me?”
- "I’d rather do hard with you than easy with someone else."
- "No one will ever compare to you."
- "Do you want to be with me?"
- "Tell me how you really feel about me."
- "Let’s order a movie and not watch it."
- "We used to be best friends."
- "I want you in every way possible."
- "Just.. be with me. Please?"
- "I want to get married. Right now."
- "We should go out on a date. An official one."
- "I don’t ever want to see you again."
- "He/she will never be you."
- "Please don’t leave me."
- "Why are you starring at me like that?"
- "You’re not the person I thought you were."
- "I wish I could just forget you."
- "We’re going to get caught!"
- "You ruined everything."
- "Just one last kiss and I’ll never bother you again."
- "You’re the love of my life."
- "I just need some space."
- "I just don’t want to hurt you."
- "You deserve so much better than me."
- "I want to forgive you.. but I can’t."
- "I’ll wait for you."
- "You’ll always be my baby."
- "We’re just not meant to be together."
- "Just shut up and kiss me."
- "I think we should start going to couples therapy."
- "You look at him/her the way I look at you."
- "I don’t know how to live without you."
- "I can’t lose you. I need you."
- "How do I breathe without you?"
- "I’m never going to let you go."